Friday, November 4, 2011

Extra Credit: VoIP

My VoIP Call

"Skype " by Jhon Alexander Calderon Sanmartin
Jhon Alexander Calderon Sanmartin
Creative Commons License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en


This was not the first time that I have used VoIP software to call friends.  I called up my friend Kevin in the video and put in a little shout out to Dr. Means and Professor Olson! VoIP software is very easy to use. All you need to do is add the contact to your contact list then double click their name. You can text chat the contact if you'd like or just call them. Skype to Skype calls are free! If you want to video call your friends that is also an option, as you will see in my recording of my video call.

Skype is not the only VoIP software available. ooVoo is also a very popular option to video chat multiple people at one time. In the end, Skype is great to use if you are over seas. My girlfriend that went to Argentina over the summer used Skype on her cellphone to call me for free. It was clear and it was very easy to contact her or text her whenever I wanted.

I know you must be waiting to hear the shout out, so here is a recording of my call using Jing:
http://screencast.com/t/hhhj63W5

On a side note, Jing was very easy to use also. Once signed up, you just select what part of the screen you want to highlight, then boom, finished. You can upload straight to screencast. It's extremely simple, and I WILL be using this software again.

Thanks for the extra credit opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment