Friday, November 4, 2011

Extra Credit: Google+

My Experiences with Google + 

"Google plus logo " by Bruce Clay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruceclay/5935522390/
Creative Commons License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en

I was able to ioin Google Plus without an invite because an invite is no longer required to join. My e-mail is mbalmaceda@ufl.edu for my account. I will not be using Google + because I am not interested in it. In my opinion, Facebook is better. Surprisingly, I don't have many friends  that have joined Google +.  Upon creating the Google Plus account, and added a few friends and was able to experience what Google Plus is all about. The circles on Google Plus are similar to the Facebook "Lists" that they have recently created. In my opinion, I believe that Facebook made the "Lists" feature in order to compete with Google + and to keep the users that wanted to switch over.

I was able to try out the Google + Hang Out option. Basically, you can do exactly what the name depicts, hang out. You can pick a circle of friends or multiple friends and hang out with them through video chat. I think that this is the only thing that Google Plus has over Facebook. I also believe that it may be too easy for you to add people to your Circle, when they may not want you to be in your circle.

In regards to the article, as I have said before, I believe that Facebook has a huge advantage over Google Plus. Facebook has much more "followers" and it will be difficult for people to translate from Facebook to Google Plus. After Facebook has implemented the Lists feature, I haven't seen many people talk about Google +. When Google + was released, everyone was extremely interested in it, but in the end, they have returned to Facebook. Facebook has numerous updates which may be annoying, but I believe that they will be the more popular choice every time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. YOu are absolutely right though Google plus was released as the competitor to Facebook. It cannot even reach the popularity that Facebook has got. Still Google plus is used by few people for some exposure.

    Birthday Gifts

    ReplyDelete