Sunday, November 6, 2011

Database Project

ISM3004 Database Project

"Microsoft sign outside building 99" by Robert Scobie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scobleizer/2264763977/
Creative Commons License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en

Upon completing the database project, I was able to successfully create queries, reports and forms for a database full of members. I learned and implemented how to create new tables and set a primary key. I also learned how to add new members to the table, form or report. I am now comfortable with using queries to return only certain information and certain fields. I am able to sort by specific groups and how to sort by specific fields and to have them not show in the Form. Your report not fitting onto your page correctly? No problem! I've learned to adjust a report and adjust it to use landscape orientation, so that it will fit on a single page easily! Databases are a great way to keep a business organized and to quickly look up specific information if needed!

If I was to improve the functionality of this database I would create validation text for whenever someone tries to change the MemberID field. It is read only but the project doesn't require it to display a validation text that prohibits the user from trying to enter a value. The only other thing that I would do was create a custom form of the data instead of a simple form that we have created in the database. I believe that I could have possibly made something better looking and more user friendly if I was to create the form by myself with the other options in Access.

1 comment: