Friday, October 7, 2011

Presentation Project



I feel that my presentation was concise, short and sweet.  I believe that I executed the presentation effectively, and got a very large amount of information into the video for the 2 minutes and 45 seconds that was recorded. 


Additionally, I grabbed the attention of the person watching the presentation by presenting how their own security could be at risk. The flow and sequence of content is appropriate and explained the context with concise explanations. I avoided clutter, and the slides were extremely readable. I spoke most of the information before it came up through animation on the slides.


Lastly,  I created the presentation using PowerPoint, modified the presentation to be appropriate for the business environment, and used a Web 2.0 Tool (Camtasia) to share the presentation online. All of the following are requirements on the rubric as well. The only thing that I believe I can improve on, is to not slur my words during the presentation and to remain a bit more calm. 


Upon reviewing Matt Goldman's presentation on why his company should invest in tablets for all their employees, I realized that we utilized much of the same concepts in each of our presentations. Surprisingly, our layouts were very similar, and we both used pictures accordingly. I believe that we both picked great topics. Reviewing his presentation allowed me to see where he did wrong, so that I could fix it in my own presentation and help him fix it in his.


Although this may not be needed, If I was to evaluate my performance for this project with the Scoring Rubric Provided, I would give myself the following scores in each of the following categories:

  • Topic is appropriate for the business environment  (5/5)
  • Storyboard is created using a completed template (5/5)
  • Storyboard is representative of the presentation (5/5)
  • Presentation i created using PowerPoint, KeyNote, or other presentation tool (10/10)
  • At least 2 types of media are included in the presentation (5/5)
  • All media is referred in the credits (10/10)
  • No copyright Violation (10/10)
  • Includes Elements of Effective Presentations (Avoid clutter, etc)  (15/15)
  • Web 2.0 Tool is used to share presentation online.   (5/5)
  • URL to presentation is posted to course discussion board.  (5/5)
  • Self Critique uses Presentation Evaluation Rubric  (10/10)
  • Peer Critique uses Presentation Evaluation Rubric (10/10)
  • Peer Critique is posted to the discussion Board  (5/5)
  • Post is created on Personal Blog (2/2)
  • Post Includes working, clickable link to Web 2.0 Presentation (1/1)
  • Blog post is tagged (1/1)
  • Direct Blog Post in Submission
Possible Points: 100  
Total Points I believe I earned: (100/100)

No comments:

Post a Comment