Thursday, October 20, 2011

Excel Project

ISM3004 Excel Project

"AvgIncrease" by Michael Balmaceda

        Upon completing the Excel Project for ISM3004, I learned countless techniques that will help me succeed in the business world. Not only have I sharpened my skills of Excel, but I've also learned the formulas necessary to consolidate a huge, one thousand subject document into an organized array of data.  I learned keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+Down that helped shave my time in completing the project.

        By practicing the fundamentals that I learned in lecture, I mastered Excel navigation such as adding new rows and columns, formatting cells, and adjusting print features on Excel.  I utilized the Pivot Table feature of excel as shown in the picture above. Through lecture I've learned how to create gorgeous pivot tables with ease. I was able to get the hang of these various techniques by completing this project. It was not a difficult project by any means, and I enjoyed the project more than anything.

        In the end, I was able to hone in on the core Excel skills that will help me be successful in the future. I needed to dust off my skills with Excel, and this project helped me do exactly that. The raw data given to me in the beginning is now a very presentable, organized array of data. From formatting cells to creating formulas, this Excel project provided me with enough practice to be confident with my usage in Excel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment